Forum
Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

Another Highschool fighter pilot hopeful

Last post 05-01-2008, 9:38 PM by raimius. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-28-2008, 8:24 PM 5403

Another Highschool fighter pilot hopeful

im very analytical and practical and going to make this straight forward..

Right now i am-
        a sophmore in highschool
        about a 2.8 gpa
        all honors classes and soon AP
        play JV and Varsity Laccrosse and soccer( will be both Varsity next 2 years)
        am an eagle scout  
        Working on Private pilots license
        do clubs like robotics and took all i could of CAD and Tech classes
        Am busy 24/7 and my grades show it...
        Play guitar and used to be in band
        Snowboard and have alot of fun
        I think i seem pretty well rounded, but i guess thats not for me to decide.

anyways, i didnt decide to become serious about being a fighter pilot until about halfway through this year, about the time i decided to try in school...  So as you can see i screwed up my first 2 years of school, although its still all honors classes im starting to think no one cares.  I realize I can work my ass off my last 2 years and try to come up with a 3.3 GPA or soemhting like that and still have next to no chance at the air force academy... so  want to know what the best way to go to become a fighter pilot is with the highest rates of getting a position for flight school.

i plan on going into either Aerospace or Aeronautical engineering in college...
    im in great shape, and have 20/20 vision as of now... but I decided worrying about my vision going bad is the least of my problems.

Was looking at the W.P.I. AFROTC program as well

Please Advise. thanks

•  05-01-2008, 9:38 PM 5407 in reply to 5403

Re: Another Highschool fighter pilot hopeful

USAFA admissions will look kindly on a upward trend in grades.  If you can keep your future grades to the 3.5-4.0 range, you would probably have a pretty good shot.

AFROTC would also look kindly on an upward GPA trend. 

Your EC's look good.

View as RSS news feed in XML